70% attendance is requried for child to be promoted to next level.
Students are required to have at least 70% attendance during the school year for promotion eligibility to next academic level. All vacations, time with family, or sick time is not excused time off.
9:40 AM - Parents drop off children in assembly area for assembly.9:45 AM - Assembly. Teachers tke children to classrooms.10:00 AM – Classes begin. Teachers take children to classrooms.12:15 Noon – Classes end. Parents pick up children from classrooms.
Interlake High School, 16245 NE 24ths Street, Bellevue, WA 98008
North Creek High School, 3613 191st Pl SE, Bothell, WA 98012
Gurukul requires minimm of 15 hours of volunteer hours per child. This goal can be easily achieved by volunteering for Gurukul events etc. You are not required to volunteer every week.
Gurukul is run by dedicated parent volunteers. Many of the parents volunteer to be teacher, committee members etc. in addtion to helping with various activities.
Gurukul follows local school district calendar as much as possible. We want students to learn about all festivals celebrated in India.
As far as giving time off, we do not specifically give holiday for Indian festivals, except these situations:
- If Gurukul has an in-person celebration of Dandiya/Diwali offsite, we try to give the next day off, so volunteers get rest.
- If Diwali falls on a Saturday or Sunday any year, we may give that weekend off.
Please consult with your tax advisor about tax deduction for your specific situation. In general, contribution minus $50 per student is deductible.
We recommend that you put this activity on your calendar and match your time on monthly basis to avoid forgetting about it.
In the online model, NO makeup or retests will be offered for the 2 evaluations conducted during the year. The dates offered on the calendar are the only opportunity for students to take the test. Mid term evaluations have weightage towards final grade. Non-attempt of final evaluation will result in student repeating the level they are currently in.
Gurukul follows a strict cut off date.
|2||Students need to be 7 years on August 31 of the school year|
|3||Students need to be 8 years on August 31 of the school year|
|4||Students need to be 9 years on August 31 of the school year|
|5 and 6|||
|KG||Students who are 5 years will ONLY be placed in KG class, irrespective of their prior knowlege of language.|
|1||Students who are 6 but under 8 year old new registrations will go directly to Level 1|
|1-2||New students who are 8+ are placed into the accelerated 1-2 program. Upon successful graduation from 1-2, they will move on to level 3 directly|
Gurukul follows a strict cut off date.
- Students need to be 5 years on August 31 of the school year they are enrolling for. There are no exceptions to this.
- Students who are 5 years will ONLY be placed in KG class, irrespective of their prior knowlege of language.
- Students who are 6 but under 8 year old new registrations will go directly to Level 1 and 8+ into the accelerated 1-2 program.
- There is no placement test for KG, 1 and 1-2 level.
- Student may test for placement in Levels 2 – 4, ONLY if they meet the age requirements. Gurukul does not test for placement in Level 5 and 6. No exceptions will be made in age criteria regardless of knowledge of the language.
Why are 5 year old students placed in KG - After many years of observation and analysis we concluded that 5 year old students, who are also in KG in their public school program, are not ready for the rigour of Level 1 currlculum/culture and need a year of settling in, easy and interactive curriculum with more activity and playschool format and NO WRITING in the curriculum.
This also aligns our grade level scheme with most Public School system.
If you are using gmail email id to login and have issues creating your family profile or accepting the invitation, please follow steps from this doc:
No. Gurukul provides an integrated program of one language and culture. You can choose one of the language offered at Gurukul, culture comes as a part of the program.
No. We do not offer registration in multiple languages. We believe that learning one language and culture is a lot of work for young children.
You need to waitlist your child for Gurukul classes at the following link https://gurukulweb.azurewebsites.net/
Adding to Waitlist does not guarantee admission.
1 .Click on the link for Waitlist at the top
2. Complete the Waitlist for and Submit.
3. You will be contacted in Feb/March time period to attend an informational session.
4. When we open registration, you will get information to create a Gurukul Account which is followed by notification to register your child.
Registration depends on space availability and number of teaching volunteers.
Contribution amount for Gurukul classes is $300 per student for Bellevue locations for the entire
year. Siblings get $25 discount. Contribution covers the
cost of renting the space, materials and events. Fees for Bothell location is $400 er student per year (due to increased facility cost).
Contribution should be paid in full, online during registration.
Gurukul does not allow students to move from one location to another.
The only time you can move locations is during open registration (if the other location offers the language and level and has openings). These moves follow the same timeline as other registrations for cancellation, late fees, etc.
Gurukul accepts waitlist requests via our website.
Please note that waitlistng does not guarantee admission. This enables us to notify you when Gurukul opens registration.
Gurukul generally holds an official registration event between March and May. We will publish the registration dates on the website and communicate the information to all who waitlisted in our Online System.
Yes. If you are a Hindi, Gujarati and Marathi * Language student there is testing available at various School Districts that you can take and get credits that suffice the Foreign Language requirements for High School and College.
a) STAMP TEST:
b) ALTA TEST: (Available for Hindi and Gujarati languages)
* Marathi Language : World Language Competency Test is available for Marathi Language in Bellevue School District (BSD), Lake Washington School District (LWSD) and North Shore School District. In BSD and LWSD, student needs to request it as a custom test. Recently, we have been informed that Avant WorldSpeak Test for Marathi Language, will be available in Spring 2020. If you have additional questions, please send those to Marathi@gurukul-wa.org
You have to contact the school district or your HIGH SCHOOL to take these tests. The dates are published on their sites. You have to be in High School to take the test.
Preparing for the Test:
1. If you are a Gurukul student, all the way to Level 6, the curriculum provides adequate material towards preparing the student to take this test.
2. If you are a YB student, enrol in the YB - Deep Se Deep Jale project to continue learning language and culture (in language) to keep yourself in touch with the language. This will also prepare you for the test you may take in March and later test dates.
3. Some material has been assembled by Gurukul Volunteers to help prepare for this test. This is just a sampling. Sample Prep Material (you will need Gurukul credentials to view)
4. Gurukul attempts to offer Prep classes only for Gurukul Alumni in February if we have enough interested students and Teacher Resource availability. To sign up please email us in January to get your name put on the list.
Gurukul is willing to provide guidance and material to their alumni students to also prepare for this test at home.